Intended start of employment: Jun/Jul 2021
Intended working time: Full-time, 40h/week
- You will develop high-quality electronic solutions for our Scanning Probe Microscopes. That includes design and implementation of electronic components, boards, complete devices and FPGA/µC firmware.
- You will define and implement standard procedures for verifying the functionality of our electronic devices in-house and at the customer's premises. Eventually, you will provide a toolset and comprehensive documentation to support such procedures.
- You will enhance and optimize our existing products.
- You will be a competent contact person for sales, production and suppliers.
- You will create and maintain expressive documentation on electronic components, devices and your work in general.
- You will participate in the preparation of project risk assessments.
Your profile and qualifications:
- You have an academic degree in electronics or a comparable qualification with applicable experience.
- You have sound practical experience in designing, calculating, implementing and verifying complex electronic circuits, components and devices.
- You know how to design ultra-low noise electronics.
- You have experience in programming Xilinx FPGAs using plain VHDL, HLS (Xilinx/Vivado) and Matlab/Simulink.
- Ideally you have already been in touch with embedded systems, analog circuitry and high-speed digital design.
- You are open-minded and willing to dive deeply into unfamiliar topics. You are especially eager to gain expert knowledge of AFM physics and principles, because this is a fundamental prerequisite.
- You can both work independently and in a multidisciplinary team, are a reliable coworker, make constructive suggestions on technical problems and strive for high quality.
- You show a confident appearance, social skills, team spirit and flexibility.
- You are willing to travel on occasion, supporting customers and partners and representing the company.
- You have profound German and English skills, both spoken and written.